#170: "Be so good they can't ignore you", with Peldi of Balsamiq
Peldi Guilizzoni is the founder of low-fidelity wireframing tool Balsamiq. We discuss his aversion to analytics, fixing the "marketing is a dirty word" mindset, and the painful need for a technical founder to eventually step back from coding.
Peldi Guilizzoni is the founder of low-fidelity wireframing tool Balsamiq.
Peldi and Steve discuss:
- why Peldi tracks almost nothing except revenue and profits
- talking to customers instead of using analytics
- on being "so good they can't ignore you"
- how to apply a coder's approach to marketing
- how Balsamiq is run like a "cozy restaurant on the web"
- not getting to code much when running a software company
- the painful experience of rewriting Balsamiq Wireframes from scratch that took five years(!)
- choosing technology carefully for your company
This episode is also on YouTube.
Discuss this episode on our community.